FINDER provides agencies with three different ways to load bulletins into the FINDER system.
FINDER Bulletin Upload Module
To perform this task, you must be assigned the Bulletins module.
- From the Dashboard, click the Bulletin Upload icon.
- To assign today’s date to this Bulletin (default), proceed to the next step. To assign a different date to this Bulletin, proceed to the Bulletin’s Date field at the top of the page. Next, enter a date in mmddyyyy format or click the calendar icon to select a date from the popup calendar.
- Click the dropdown arrow icon to the right of the Bulletin’s Category field. Next, select a category from the drop-down list.
- Click Choose File or Browse (button names may vary based on the web browser you’re using).
- Navigate to the directory on your PC or network where the Bulletin is located, then double-click on that file to select it. The file name displays to the right of the Choose File or Browse button.
- Click Upload. The new Bulletin displays in the left column.
Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
FINDER offers a SFTP folder to agencies to load bulletins and other files. Please contact the FINDER Support Team HERE to use the SFTP process and for access instructions. The Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) server we use to upload the bulletins into FINDER, is FIPS 140-2 complaint and secured end to end. You can read more about FINDER security on our FAQ page.
Create an email forwarding rule within the department workflow to automatically send bulletins to [email protected].View instructions on how to create an Outlook forwarding rule HERE.
Please note, the email upload option should NOT be used for CJIS-protected information.